Where's the birth certificate

Free and Strong America

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Penn State T-shirt too religious?

I came across this article today while surfing the net. It never ceases to amaze me how people don't have enough to do, worry about, etc. and have to make mountains out of molehills in order to find some sort of fulfillment in their lives.

"The shirts-intended to foster school spirit-sport a verticle blue line down the center with the words "Penn State White Out" emblazoned across the chest, forming a design that some say resembles a cross....Penn State says it has received six complaints about the shirt....The shirt's single blue stripe resembles the stripe on the team's football helmet..."

This is what passes for contraversy these days? A much more interesting topic would have been Penn State's lack of blocking skills earlier this year against the Iowa Hawkeyes. I admit that it vaguely resembled a cross upon first glance, but when the stripe on the football helmet reference was made then it all made sense, to me anyway. Even if it does resemble a cross, is that such a terrible thing? As one person who was quoted in the article has asked, "Are we going to ban lowercase t's in the alphabet? Where do we draw the line?"

6 comments:

Unknown said...

While I can see the clear resemblance, this gets a "Give me a break..." Anyone who is an actual fan of the team knows the design of their helmets.

J Curtis said...

Wow, thanks Lunk. I didnt know you had it in ya.

The Maryland Crustacean said...

J.D. I know this is off topic, but did you use a template to build your blog or did you build it from scratch with html? I was hoping to find a three column template from blogger but don't see any.

J Curtis said...

I just used this template. A person has helped me out of the goodness of her heart.

feeno said...

I live about 30 minutes away from Xavier University. (Cincinnati)And we have billboards and T-shirts that say "Get Xaved". It's meant for their basketball team, but seeing how they are a Catholic University I couldn'r see anyone whining about this.

LL, thanx again for what you do for the USA.
Now you need to get Xaved.

peace, feeno

J Curtis said...

That was clever Feeno. :-D